Gravesend Mixed Martial Arts Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event

Go down

Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event Empty Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event

Post  Gravesend MMA Thu Jul 31 2008, 13:41

Hey Folks,

We're looking at organising another annual sponsored event, were looking for ideas on what to do!
Last year we did a sponsored "Kick a thon" for the youngsters and a "spar a thon" for the adults.

Both adults and youngsters that participated done extremly well.

This year we would like to do something different so we are asking you guys for ideas as to what sort of sponsored event we should hold, all sponsorship monies will be donated to the purchasing of the Boxing and Muay Thai Ring & Wing CHun Wooden Dummy.

I look forwards to reading your ideas!!
Gravesend MMA
Gravesend MMA
Pro Bad Ass Fighter!!!!

http://WWW.GravesendMartialArts.Com

Back to top Go down

Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event Empty sposored event

Post  Guest Fri Aug 01 2008, 05:48

Has anyone seen that TV series 'Muay Thai: The contender'

This is how it works or how we could set it up in the gym.

You have two teams that are as equally matched a possible.
Each round both teams compete in a challenge (how many kicks can be thrown in a minute by each team or something) with the winning team winning the challenge. (obviously)
That winning team then selects one of their members to spar. They also choose a member from the other team that their selected member will spar.
The two opposing participants will then spar in like a one minute round or something, with the winner being judged on points by the coaches. The loser is out and that team will now have one less person to help them in the next 'Challenge'
The idea is that each participant will raise more money for every round they progress/survive and there will be a big incentive to do well as if you loose you will pay. For example if I'm on the loosing team and the other team has Jonesy on it...well!

So this would be a sparring elimination contest. (I refrain from using the phrase 'Knock-out')

Back to top Go down

Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event Empty Re: Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event

Post  Guest Mon Aug 04 2008, 02:52

sounds ideal, like Britains Hardest.... ? I know someone who might be able to help us out Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event Empty Re: Gravesend Martial Arts Sponsorship Event

Post  Gravesend MMA Mon Aug 04 2008, 09:21

That sounds a very good idea Shaun, how would it tie in with a sponsorship event though, would people get sponsored per trial / round or just by entering?????

EDITED: For the reason of being a nob and not reading shaun's post properly.

SO would the people sponsoring the participant sponsor say £2.00 per round or something???????

HA HA HA, after reading and analysing everyones sponsorship form, we could actually enure that the person with the most sponsorship monies due win the tournament ha ha ha!

SO FOLKs it seems that you would all need to collect atleast £250 toi even stand a chance of winning! LOL

Not that i'm corrupt or anything! affraid
Gravesend MMA
Gravesend MMA
Pro Bad Ass Fighter!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 04 2008, 10:07

Yea something like that. Or maybe even increase it per round like £ X for the first round, and twice as much for the second. X times 3 for the third etc etc. What does everyone think?

The reason I thought it would be a good idea to do something like this is because even if it wasn't a sponsored thing it would be fun anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravesend MMA Mon Aug 04 2008, 14:44

Yeah it would be a fun day, without a doubt!

Sponsored events can be really boring! Like ten thousand punches in 6 hours or something like that can really twist your brain. I think Mr Shaun you might of come up with a winner!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Bateman, there is no way we are getting Mr Freeman AKA Mr Machine down for this one, some numpty will have the great idea of getting him to spar me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not again I fell for that last time!!!!!!
Gravesend MMA
Gravesend MMA
Pro Bad Ass Fighter!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 05 2008, 03:23

hahahaha ..... hahahahaha , yes I remember...... you cant trust anyone mate Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravesend MMA Tue Aug 05 2008, 08:52

Folks,

its been worked on and decided!

The sponsored event is going to be a knock out style championship, (excuse the pun) as envisaged by Mr Shaun Elliott,

There is going to be 12 rounds of alternating fitness & Strategy Challenges in which participants will have to work as a team to gain as many points as possible, the winning team will choice who they are going to enter into the Mixed Martial Art Semi Contact Point Bout (known as the KUMITE HA HA HA) and who the other team will enter.

The looser of the bout will no longer be able to enter into any more bouts but will still participate in the fitness and strategy challenges ensuring that they help their team!

Eventually the winning team will be decided by the amount of participants that are able to compete in the KUMITE!

When the winning team has been decided, they will have to compete against each other until only one person remains standing!!!!!!!!!!

This is for charity,
This is for fun,
but more importantly,

THIS IS FOR YOUR PRIDE!!!!!!

Who can Out wit their opponent,
Who has the ultimate fitness,

Who will battle through the hardship,
endure the fatigue,

and gain the RESPECT of the Gravesend Martial Arts Academy
and call themselves

"The Last Man Standing"
Gravesend MMA
Gravesend MMA
Pro Bad Ass Fighter!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravesend MMA Tue Aug 05 2008, 09:00

Rules of Combat

Fitness & Strategy Challenges
1) All challenges set must be executed to the level of standard that The Sifu (No Sloppy Sit Ups or Rubbish Press Ups.
2) No reps after the bell has sounded will be counted.
3) Each team will be chosen by the Master Sifu (ha ha ha i'm loving this)

Rules Of Kumite
1) No punching to the head, back of head, groin.
2) Body shots only
3) Takedowns, throws and sweeps allowed.
4) No spiking)
5) Floor submissions Allowed.
6) No small joint manipulation.
7) No attacks on the neck (strikes or cranks)
6) Bouts will be 1 minute in duration.
7) The referee can stop the bout and announce the winner at anytime!
Cool All kicks, punches can be used.
9) No full contact is allowed, this is a technical semi contact tournament that is supposed to demonstrate skill, agility and technique.
10) Mandatory Protective Equipement required is headguard, groin guard, shin guards, foot protection (if needed), gum shield, and chest guard.
11) Suitable Combat Clothing such as Wing Chun Suit, Kickboxing Trousers, Thai, boxing and MMA Shorts, rash top or grappling Kimono all allowed.

BRING IT ON

Last edited by Gravesend Martial Arts on Tue Aug 05 2008, 10:07; edited 2 times in total
Gravesend MMA
Gravesend MMA
Pro Bad Ass Fighter!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down